Monday, June 13, 2011

Our House and Gardens

It's kind of fun buying a house in November. You end up with a surprise garden in the spring. We knew we had a magnolia tree, and we knew about the red maple, but pretty much everything else was a surprise.

We have a magnolia tree right outside the front door:

There are Hostas growing in about 5 different spots:

Chives are growing beside our chimney:

Yellow Lilies make our shed look pretty:

Lilacs were a fun surprise since they are one of my top 5 favourite flowers! I had to cut some and have them inside before they died so I could smell them all the time. We had them in 2 places;
the living room:
and the bedroom:

There is a large Weigela tree in our backyard and a tiny one in our front yard:

There is a big Red Maple tree in the front yard that is very colourful from about April until November. I think it's actually a Royal Red Maple:

We have what I think may be 2 Smoke Bushes in the front yard. If anyone knows for sure what kind of bush this is, I'd love to know: (*update: They're called Concord Japanese Burbury *)

I discovered just this morning that we have 2 large Peonies! One of my favourite flowers. One is in the back yard and one in the side yard:

The side of our house surrounded by big, awesome plants:
Close up of the side garden:

And this is our house at night:

I love our cute little house and yard :)

1 comment:

  1. What fun colors you have? What a beautiful yard! I love the night time picture as well.

    ReplyDelete