Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Laura's Visit

I never enjoy leaving Nova Scotia, but I'm now back in Stirling, Alberta. I've been telling my family how cute/creepy Stirling is, so I'm glad Laura was able to come back with me for a visit.
She stayed for a week and is now on her way to Utah for a few days. She'll come back to Alberta for a little while before flying home on the 1st.

The first night here I had to show Laura my wedding dress (since she wasn't here for the wedding). I love my dress! Then Laura tried it on and I'm in the process of convincing her to wear it for her wedding (whenever that may be)!


It fits her perfectly and looks great! Now she just needs to find a husband :)

It's fun having her here and I would LOVE to have more family members and friends come visit! We didn't have much opportunity to do many fun things since it's been a bit hectic with our new business, but we went shopping (and I found 3 pairs of boots for $10. Not $10 each... $10 total! Very exciting.)


Laura went to a YSA dance with Steve's sister, Emily. Steve and I drove them to the dance and then spent the evening watching The Lion King on the mp3 player in the car. It was a fun date!

We drove around Stirling and explored the local convenience store which also acts as the pizza place, the movie rental place and the gas station. We saw the outdoor pool and waterslide which we'll visit all the time in the summer! We also saw the library, gym, church, school and haunted mansion. Stirling is very cute!

We also got Shaun to make us his best homemade french fries (delicious!) and Laura made us Italian hot chocolate!


I'm glad she's here!

No comments:

Post a Comment